Search Site
Enforcement of Orders

Enforcement of Orders

Guidance from a Denver Divorce Lawyer

Ideally, both spouses in a separation or divorce recognize the importance of adhering to the terms of the court’s final ruling so that all parties can move on with the resources and support that they need. However, this does not always happen. In some instances, a spouse will refuse to comply with what the court has ruled, leaving their ex-spouse and even their children without the support the state has determined they need.

In these unfortunate cases, it may be necessary to file for an Enforcement of Orders. At Karin Johnson Chatfield LLC, I know how disheartening more legal action can seem after a difficult divorce, but also know that these enforcement actions can make a dramatic difference in the lives of children and spouses who need them. With my 30+ years of legal experience as a divorce lawyer, I can help you and your family swiftly navigate these actions and ensure that the court fully recognizes the wrongdoing that has occurred following your divorce or separation.

Want to learn more about your Enforcement of Orders options? Call my firm today to speak with a proven Denver divorce attorney.


Mild, occasional conflict between ex-spouses over things like child support, alimony, and property division can be expected and usually does not require legal action. However, when one spouse has consistently failed to uphold their responsibilities following a divorce, an Enforcement of Orders may be appropriate.

Enforcement of Orders may be necessary when your ex-spouse:

  • Does not pay child support
  • Does not pay spousal support
  • Refuses to sign necessary documents
  • Refuses to hand over property
  • Does not follow an agreed-upon Parenting Plan
  • Has made important parenting decisions without you

Depending on your circumstances, a Motion to Enforce, a motion of indirect Contempt of Court, or a CRCP Rule 70 may be necessary. I can help you determine which of these options is appropriate and take immediate steps towards their filing.

You do not have to stand for non-compliance. Learn more about your options by requesting a free consultation with my firm.

Contact the attorney

Please fill out the form below and the attorney will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Denver Office
  • Denver Office
    200 Union Boulevard
    Suite 200
    Lakewood, Colorado 80228
    Phone: 303-520-0387